The Senior Infertility Nurse Group
Together we can make a difference
Welcome, our group was founded in 2005 and currently represents over fifty fertility units throughout the UK and EIRE.
We provide peer support, guidance and encouragement to our members, promoting education and training for all fertility nurses and healthcare assistants.
We are a recognised stakeholder group, proactively involved in shaping the future of fertility treatment and innovation and are affiliated with national and international fertility societies.
This platform offers training and education opportunities and information for any fertility healthcare professional. We have updated our specialist fertility training modules and added in some new features to promote education, training and best practices for all nurses working and caring for individuals seeking fertility treatment.
Continuing Professional Development
We all recognise the importance of continuing professional development to ensure the best possible patient care and career progression for nurses. The SING website is the place for all your training courses, networking opportunities and specialist fertility information.
Specialist Fertility Courses
We have developed a series of training courses to help ensure that our members are able to provide the best care and support for individuals seeking fertility treatment.
There are 8 modules developed by SING members covering:
- Female and Male Reproductive Systems
- Different Fertility Treatments and Techniques
- Informed Consent and GDPR
These modules have been developed by members of the Senior Infertility Nurses Group and edited by the website team.
To access them you can register for free.
Networking and Development
We meet regularly to discuss issues and trends in fertility nursing, and invite guest speakers to present on important topics.
We also arrange local social meetings and promote external training events relevant to the SING members.
- Michelle Obama had miscarriage and used IVF to conceive girls by Fertility News on 9th November 2018 at 13:30
- ‘Remarkable’ decline in fertility rates by Fertility News on 9th November 2018 at 11:13
- Pregnancy gap should be at least a year – researchers by Fertility News on 30th October 2018 at 00:33
- Fertility Fairness Audit by Fertility News on 29th October 2018 at 16:55
- Research findings from a longitudinal study of surrogacy families in the UK by Fertility News on 14th October 2018 at 14:14