ReproMed is Ireland’s leading provider of fertility and reproductive healthcare in Ireland with state-of-the-art Fertility and IVF clinics accessible all over the country. Our goal is to help as many patients across Ireland to achieve their dreams of starting a family. We are looking to attract, retain and develop the best talent who will add to our existing dynamic and ambitious team.
The company using our core behaviours (acting with Care, taking responsibility and making a positive difference) want to continuously develop ReproMed as a place and service where we do everything we can to give patients control of their reproductive health.
The Behaviours compliment our Mission which is a great place to work and a great place to be a patient.
Reporting To: Nurse/Midwife Manager
- To maintain core ethos of the clinic throughout all interactions with patients and staff.
- Provide the highest standard of care to patients attending the clinic.
- Operate and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Communicate effectively and securely with patients and staff members in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Be aware of the internal Quality System, particularly incident/event reporting.
- Operate at all times within your professional Scope of Practice
- Demonstrate empathetic approach in understanding patient’s problems
- To assist the nursing/clinical department to meet targets/goals as directed by management.
- Any other reasonable duties as may arise from time to time to be expected with the job
Education, Training & Competence
- Maintain and develop professional expertise and knowledge by actively engaging in CPD
- All staff must have proficient and practicable IT skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook, and experience with patient management software in order to function fully within ReproMed’s network of clinics and adhere to SOPs
- Ensure that your Staff Training Logbook is maintained and up-to-date
- Manage and play a key-role in the training, education and support of others within your team
- All Staff are expected to comply with any legislative requirements current, or future; in addition to the EU Tissue & Cells Directive, SI 158 (2006) and SI 598 (2007). Full training provided if required.
- Be responsible for maintaining full registration with the NMBI and notify management immediately of any changes in relation to this.
- Ultrasound scanning to include: Assessment, follicle tracking, cycle monitoring, and fetal heart scans.
- Phlebotomy & Cannulation
- Administering injections
- Nurse Consultations – patient education
- Working with Gynaecologist to devise treatment plans
- Assist at Egg Collections/ Embryo Transfers and other clinical procedures
- Perform IUIs
- Monitor patients in recovery
- Assist in the general day-to day smooth and effective running of the unit
Admin & Training
- Treatment Cycle coordination
- Egg Donation Coordination
- Documenting all appropriate correspondence on patient management software and in chart where required as per SOPs
- Prescription Preparation
- Creating blood test forms
- Creating & updating therapy plans
- Liaising with third party clinics as part of Satellite Service provision
- Liaising with pharmacies
- Obstetric referrals
- Training and support of junior staff as per agreed training programmes and in conjunction with the Quality Manager
- Updating log of patients undergoing treatment and any other reasonable administrative work that may arise as part of this role
- Answering patient phone-calls and email queries
- Care calls: check-in with current/ recent patients
- Patient counsel & advice by phone, email and in person
- Monitoring log of current patients and following-up where appropriate
Academic/ Professional Qualifications and/or Relevant Experience
- Previous experience as an administrator or coordinator in a clinical environment, ideally fertility, would be preferred.
- Our ideal candidate:
- Must have extremely strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Should be patient and compassionate
- Should be highly organised and have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work under pressure and as part of a busy team
Proficiency in the English Language
- This role requires fluency in the English language, if English is not the post-holder’s native language. Strong written and Verbal communication skills are essential for this role
To apply in confidence for the role, please submit your CV with covering letter to: