- The group is open to one nurse who has the overall responsibility for the provision of nursing services and patient care within a Fertility Centre. This does not include secondary/Satellite level units.
- If a member is unable to attend a meeting, no substitute may attend in their place.
- If a member is unable to attend 1 meeting per year, then that member will be removed from the mailing list and not receive minutes of the meetings. If the member has not attended as they are participating in a SING activity or other nursing professional activities or committees then they will be exonerated. If members are unable to attend 1 meeting in a calendar year, they will be written to and this will be discussed on an individual basis by the professional executive committee as to their membership viability.
- Maternity cover – in the event that a current member takes maternity leave she/he will introduce her/his their acting Nurse Manager to the group to attend SING meetings in her/his absence. The member will inform the secretary of the name of the acting manager.
Terms of Reference:
- There will be a Chair nominated by the group who will be responsible for ensuring there is effective communication within the group and by the group. Should the Chair be unable to attend any meeting, the group will nominate a substitute for that meeting. The chair will have a 3 year term of office.
- There will also be a Secretary and Treasurer. These posts will also hold a 3 year term of office.
- These positions will be nominated and seconded by another member of the group and ratified at the next SING meeting.
- Should there be more than one candidate then the candidate will be selected by group vote at the next SING meeting.
- If there are no nominations are received for after the 3 year term of office for Chair, treasurer or secretary the current person who holds that position may stay in post for a maximum of two terms from the date of their first appointment.
- Ideally the terms of office will be staggered to ensure continuity of the group.
- The main purposes of the group are to provide support for each other and share protocols, ideas and nursing practice.
- Confidentiality is a paramount consideration, and is assured by all members.
- All group members must agree in advance that they are happy to have their photographs used for social media purposes and promotion of the SING group.
- The group will respond to consultation documents pertinent to the field.
- The group will share good practice with each other and other professional groups.
- The group would wish to be recognised by the British Fertility Society, The Royal College of Nursing Fertility Nurses Group, The Human Fertility and Embryology Association and the Royal College of Gynaecologists, and will be represented at the Professional Stakeholders group.
- The group will meet three times a year.
- Meetings will be organised at least three months in advance.
- Meetings will start at 9:00am and finish by 4pm.
- Minutes will be taken by the secretary and emailed to the membership. If the secretary is not able to attend they must ensure that someone takes and distributes the minutes in their absence.
- There will be a nominated local organiser who will liaise with the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary
- The secretary will be responsible for keeping an attendance list.
- A letter of thanks will be written by the Chair to all sponsors on behalf of the group.
- Money given to SING will be used to support the meeting, website and the Counselling course.
- Money can be used to cover the accommodation and expenses of the local organiser (this will be reviewed each meeting and is dependent upon the funds available)
- The executive committee will make decisions regarding the use of monies in the SING account.
- In the event that a member of the executive committee is unable to attend a meeting due to funding then SING will pay the expenses for that meeting
- SING will cover the cost of evening meal, overnight accommodation and reasonable expenses of invited speakers.
- In the event that the SING group is disbanded any monies will be donated to charities related to infertility decided by the executive committee.